Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hopefully one of my last WTF moments regarding blogging...

Seriously, they're breaking my momentum!

So far it seems like my issues with journaling/blogging have to do with the way what I'm saying is going to be perceived. I guess I'll chalk it up to hyperawareness of a possible audience. I know that we are always strongly cautioned as writers to remain aware of the audience, but for this particular endeavor it has proven to be a hindrance. That self consciousness that leads to selection of varying degrees had crept up to the point where I was not writing at all. A blog is a very funny genre. Everything that was discussed was true, including the idea that a blog deals with more of the constraints of autobiography than private journaling. however, the form which the writing takes still has the illusion of a private journal entry - the dated entries giving an appearance of an ever occurring present and the lack of coherence, or writing in the moment. I think that I got used to the fact that journaling was for my own reflection, but I was never really sure about blogging. I mean, I don't have a theme, because I figured that I would be asked to write about random things and I know how random my brain can get sometimes. Why be limiting? I also don't really know about audience either. I mean, I think it's safe to say that my professor is reading it, because she has to know whether or not I'm using the thing. Other than that, who knows? My blog doesn't have any followers, so I could very well just be writing for me. This not knowing has made it difficult to decide what and how to write. However this defeats the purpose, because it won't be interesting to me or anyone else if I don't actually write. Besides, the more we end up discussing forms of life writing, the more exciting it all seems!

No comments:

Post a Comment